kostenloser Counter

Montag, Juli 24, 2006

down under

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

The countdown runs. In five weeks, I gonna be on my way. EK 88 Zurich-Dubai, and then EK 412, Dubai-Sydney. That's all I planned. Once I land in Sydney, it's all gonna be spontanious. I don't have the slightest idea, where I gonna land, what I gonna see, and who I gonna meet within the three months I spend there. I'm not going to improve my language skills, and I don't wanna travel around. As crazy as it may sound - I believe I have something else to do, but not even I know exactly what that's gonna be.

So, the closer my departure comes, the more nervous I am on one side, and on the other hand I get more and more relaxed. Never been in a situation where I didn't know WHAT to do and WHERE to go. I've always been expected somewhere, my way's always been pretty much scheduled. To know, that I haven't organized ANYTHING this time, fulfills me with a deep satisfaction. An unknown feeling, what I believe to be real freedom. That feeling grows. The exitement, too.